Transom Grants are for programs that include clear goals, timelines, and measurable health outcomes. Health outcomes show the impact that the program has had on its participants.
We support current and new programs that have a documented community need. These programs must be sustainable and fit into our areas of interest:
- Physical Health (This category is limited to agencies that provide direct clinical services, caregiver respite support, or health system navigation through the Get Covered TN initiative) e.g. providing respite care or medical care.
- Mental Health
- Recovery from Alcohol or Drug Addiction
- Healing from Abuse, Neglect, or Violence
We value holistic and compassionate care and consider these elements as we review grant applications. These grants are between $20,001 and $40,000.
1. Required Forms
Please download the budget form to submit with your Transom Grant application. The remaining forms will be submitted with the progress and final reports.
2. Application Details
- Enter the contact information for your organization, including name, mailing address, phone, and fax (optional), as well as a 100-word description of your organization and its mission.
- Enter the Annual Budget for your organization.
- The Trust is interested in all aspects of your agency’s work – both the direct services you provide and any work you do to go upstream to address systemic issues. Does your agency do public policy or systems change advocacy work? Advocacy can include activities like public education about issues facing your clients, building relationships with policymakers or training your patients to advocate for program improvements.
- Has the agency has a financial audit within the past 18 months?
- Enter the name of the primary contact for this request.
- Enter the name of your organization’s Executive Director/President or CEO.
Brief Program Description
- Describe the project or program for support and how the work will be accomplished. Please limit your response to 250 words.
- What are the goals of your project/program? (250-word limit)
- What are the outputs/objectives of your project or program? (250-word limit)
- What activities are necessary to complete the project/program? (250-word limit)
- What are the measurable expected outcomes of the project/program? Please use The Trust’s outcome format. E.g. 50 out of 100 (50%) of clients will have a reduction in trauma symptoms. (250-word limit)
- Describe what evaluation tools your organization will use to measure your outcomes. (250-word limit)
Ready To Start?
Applicants must also meet our general eligibility criteria. You will need your agency’s Tax ID number to begin the application. Please remember to update and save after modifying any of the fields. We also suggest that you save your text in a Microsoft Word document as a backup.
Get the grant-writing checklist here and begin your application or return to a saved application.