Sabbatical Grants provide support for a nonprofit organization during a period of Sabbatical for the nonprofit CEOs/EDs renewal.
We give up to $20,000 for the salaries of interim staff, stateside travel, housing, and learning opportunities for the Executive Director/CEO. Learning opportunities can include personal/professional coaching, spiritual direction, management programs, retreats, and conferences. Requests for travel are limited to $5,000 of the maximum $20,000 request. The CEO/ED must have worked in a nonprofit for at least 7 years, with at least 5 of those years as the CEO/ED. Please visit our resources page for self-care resources.
In addition to meeting our general eligibility requirements, Sabbatical Grant applicants must also:
- Show organizational sustainability and be financially stable
- Have received unrestricted operating funds from The Trust
- Guarantee continued full-time employment status with on-going benefits provided during the period of leave
1. Required Forms
Please download the Application Budget Form and the Sabbatical Grant Checklist to submit with your Sabbatical Grant application. The remaining forms will be submitted with the final report.
2. Application Details
- Enter the contact information for your organization, including name, mailing address, phone, and fax (optional), as well as a 100-word description of your organization and its mission.
- Enter the Annual Budget for your organization.
- Enter the primary contact for this request.
- Enter the name of your organization’s Executive Director/President or CEO.
- Why is now a good time, personally and professionally, for you to take a sabbatical? What issues or problems would you like to address during your sabbatical? How does your ProQOL* score reflect the personal and professional issues you are facing? (500 words)
*Download and complete the ProQOL tool to assess your current quality of life. Include those results with your proposal and project the change in score that you expect to achieve as a result of the sabbatical.
Please outline your proposed sabbatical plan and include the length of time, a timeline of specific activities/courses of study, and estimated costs. (500 words)
Ready To Start?
Applicants must also meet our general eligibility criteria. You will need your agency’s Tax ID number to begin the application. Please remember to update and save after modifying any of the fields. We also suggest that you save your text in a Microsoft Word document as a backup.
Begin your application or return to a saved application below.